Summer travel as a family is one of my favorite things to do. The memories made last a lifetime. Sometimes I do feel though like it is A LOT of work (especially in mom) to get it all together so the trip goes smoothly.
Today I am sharing my top travel must haves if you are hitting the road this summer with kids!
- DVD Players – hands down the electronic most used by my kids when making a long trip. #sorrynotsorry
- Headphones – This is guaranteed to help save your sanity just a bit during a long trip.
- Cooler – Having a small cooler loaded with cold water, some fruit and healthy snacks will decrease the amount of stops you need to make during your trip. It also is a money saver as well.
- Charging Cables – I love extra long charging cables. Whether just at home, or in the car during a trip.
- Car Games – I am the first to admit I am all in on electrics and devices in the car, but games are also a nice break for the kids. I try to keep it simple with very few pieces that can get lost.
- Car Organizers – I have these in my car most of the time. (You can check out my entire Mini Van Organization if you haven’t seen it yet) Keeping a change of clothes for each kid is always a lifesaver, but when traveling it really does help just in case it’s needed.
- Packing Cubes – To be honest, I really didn’t buy into the whole packing cube style of packing at first. I thought it was unnecessary and unneeded. Boy have I changed my mind. This is SO helpful for packing certain outfits all together, or corralling clothes if sharing a suitcase between kids.
- First Aid Kit , Travel Potty, Blanket – Again these are all items I try to keep in my car year round. If you don’t already have them, it is a good idea to stash these must haves in your trunk.
Remember the more you prepare before you leave for a trip, the more you get to enjoy the moments during.
Do you have any must have items for traveling as a family? Let me know in the comments!
Love the new blog lay out.